Thank you to everyone who helped to make Mahoney’s blood drive a great success. Our goal was to provide 44 units of blood to the American Red Cross and we met this goal!
Student sessions are every Wednesday and begin in room 110.
Mahoney Game Club:
The next meeting of the Game Club is Wednesday November 6, after school. This is a weekly drop-in club that is meant to be a spot for students to play different board games and card games with others, having fun and building social skills without a screen in front of them! Have an interested student? Have them stop by Mr. Risbara’s, room 106, to sign up."
Basketball signups are outside the main office. Indoor track and Swimming are offered in the second winter season which begins in February. There will be meetings for all basketball teams Friday, 11/8, after school at 2:45. Here are the room assignments for the meetings:
7th girls - room 123
8th girls - room 110
7th boys - auditorium
8th boys - gym
Things to remember before Basketball begins:
- Mahoney Basketball is open to 7th and 8th graders. Tryouts/Practices will begin on Tuesday November 12. All teams can expect to have tryouts; final signup numbers will dictate whether tryouts will occur.
- Students will need to fill out the electronic paper work on RankOne (website can be accessed here). It only needs to be completed once a school year.
- Students also need to have a valid physical on file at Mahoney (the physical is valid for two years).
- To continue to be eligible for athletics students need to maintain a 2.5 HOW average in all three HOW categories. Mr. Ouellet runs reports on Monday mornings; students and parents will be contacted if there is a concern of eligibility.
- Sport schedules can be accessed here. Parents can sign up for text/email alerts on the schedule page to be automatically notified with changes in games and practices.
- Please click the links below for helpful information:
- SP Athletics Handout
- Directions on opening a parent account (to receive text/email alerts on game statuses).
- Directions on opening a student account (to fill out electronic paperwork).
- If there is inclimate weather sports decisions will be made by 1:00 and put on the Mahoney announcements (found here).
Click here for game schedules and click here for practice schedules.
The cafeteria is open for breakfast everyday until 8:25. Please know that only those that are eating breakfast should be in the cafeteria at this time.
Would you like to set up a lunch account for your student? Does your student need more money on his/her account? Head to myschoolbucks.com to take care of this!
All groups, please remember to sign in to homeroom first on morning rehearsal days!
Performance Jazz rehearses Friday morning
Students remember that the repair man is here Mondays during school. Due to Veteran’s DAy next week he won’t be here. Please think ahead to the following week--there are instruments out there that need some attention!