Girls Soccer - Home game. 7th grade at 3:30 and 8th grade at 4:30.
Boys Soccer - Game @ Memorial. 3:00 Bus, 7th grade at 3:30 and 8th grade at 4:30.
Tennis - Practice @ SPHS. ***
Field Hockey - Game @ Wainwright. 4:00 game time.
***Tennis and Field Hockey players will be transported to the high school and Wainwright via shuttle bus. The bus leaves Mahoney at 3:20. There is NO return shuttle for tennis players, they must be picked up at SPHS.
Mahoney PTA Fundraiser
We are excited to be participating in a Yankee Candle fundraiser this year to help raise funds for all of our amazing grants requested by teachers and staff. We appreciate our families, students, and staff with their help with this sale! Order packets will be sent home with students on Monday September 25th.
SOME WAYS TO HELP:
- Sell, sell, sell! Mahoney PTA earns 40% of every sale. Students have catalogs and order form packets to start selling right away. Orders are due Monday, October 16th. This allows for delivery of items by Thanksgiving.
- Have family from away order online. We also earn 40% of sales from online orders! Invite friends and families to shop online at: www.yankeecandlefundraising.com and click on the “Seller Login” button to sign up to be a seller. Our Mahoney Group Number is #990051454 Online orders are taken through January 10, 2018.
- Students- work together with your homeroom selling the most items. The homeroom with the most sales will earn themselves a breakfast treat party.
- Not interested in selling? We still have our We Love Mahoney paypal fundraiser where 100% of your funds support our PTA directly. To make your donation go to https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=XBCTV3UETYH3C or find the PTA tab under Mahoney’s website: DONATE NOW button.
South Portland Music Boosters invite you:
Saturday September 30, 2017
9:00-11:00 at South Portland High
$6.50 per person/$20.00 per family
Marching Band Uniforms: It’s been a good run!
· 30 years of use
· Over 2,000 students have proudly worn
· 16 seasons of gold star rating
But, we’re finally starting to wear out:
Help us raise funds for new uniforms!
Come to the pancake breakfast!
Any student who wants to ride the van to the Boys and Girls club needs to pick up a form in the Main office.
The PTA is asking students to sell Yankee Candle items in order to raise money.
Brown Elementary has asked us to remind students to not come on school grounds as they leave Mahoney in the afternoon. There is a lot of activity as the elementary students are dismissed and the adults are helping the younger students hop on the right bus or make their way to their parents. Thank you for reinforcing this with your student.
Homework Club will start Monday and run from 3:00-4:00 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Homework club is an opportunity for students to stay after school and complete homework or study in a quiet and safe setting.. Each day there will be at least one adult to supervise and support students. Please note that only students who plan on using this time productively are welcome.
The cafeteria is open for breakfast everyday until 8:25. Please know that only those that are eating breakfast should be in the cafeteria at this time.
Would you like to set up a lunch account for your student? Does your student need more money on his/her account? Head to myschoolbucks.com to take care of this!
Student Morning Announcements: Friday, September 29, 2017 Day 6
Just a reminder, phones should be turned off and either in your locker or bag for the entire day!
Students, we are thanking you in advance for your participation in this year’s Fall PTA fundraiser. By just selling one item, you can help out a lot! Please do not go knock on doors of strangers!
There will be a Civil Rights team meeting this Monday at 7:30, new members are always welcome! Pancakes will be served!
Last night’s results:
The 8th grade boys soccer team lost 5-1 yesterday. Joey Perron scored the goal. Camden Cloutier played an excellent game in goal and Dom Salow played an excellent all around game
Girls Soccer has a home game today. 7th grade at 3:30 and 8th grade at 4:30.
Boys Soccer has a game at Memorial, bus leaves at 3:00.
Field Hockey has a home game. Players take the normal shuttle to Wainwright.
Cross Country and Tennis will also have practice this afternoon at the regular times.
Performance Jazz screenings continue on Friday. See you then!
Training Jazz has not started yet, but will soon!
Beginner Band meets Mondays right after school.
This week is Banned Books Week! Celebrate your freedom to read in the library this week, and while you’re here pick up a Banned Books Week bookmark, relaxing coloring page, and fortune teller.
Quote of the day: What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right